Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gardening and Crosswalk

I'm taking a little break now from my garden!   I was out planting my garden today!   Cherry Tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant and basil!  I got to put a few more basil plants in this afternoon.  I had so dreaded having hoe and plow up my garden space.   Well, found out I didn't have to!!   A dear new friend of mine, taught me about 'lasagna gardening.   First you lay out cardboard and wet it down good.   Then layer it on top with dry leaves, compost soil, peat moss, etc . Let it set for a few days to 'cook'.   Then plant you plants then layer your mulch, hay straw, etc..over.   So that's what I'm going to do!!!   
I'm planning on planting some amaranth, too!!  Never done that before.  Amaranth is a native plant.   The Mayans, Aztecs, etc down in Mexico cultivated Amaranth.  You can eat the greens like spinach or you can wait and harvest the seeds for grain.   It's full of vitamins and like quinoa, has all the amino acids which makes it a complete protein.   Lambsquarters is in the same  family as Amaranth.  The Native people cultivated lambsquarters as food.   In fact, at one time, before corn came up north from Mexico, I think lambsquarters was a staple in native people's diets.
I've really been down in the dumps lately, but noticed a difference after just being out in the garden for 20 minutes.   I notice I feel better.   Also, gardening is better than having some useless debate on a certain christian forum...Crosswalk forums.   
A Native christian brother of mine has been trying to share things with nonnative christians about injustice, history of native and the colonial mentality of Nonnative christians.   Needless to say, there is much opposition and hostility to C_H_B's and my views.   I joined in late and attempted to share what is behind the abusive boarding schools, eugenics, how it's a racist NWO occultic element that has been behind the scenes of our gov for years since the very beginning.    I didn't get too far.  I was immediately 'rebuked' by the forums administrator and told to take it to the 'conspiracy' threads.   Then, several posts of mine were deleted and I got a noticed that I'm forbidden to post on topics dealing with racial issues.   If anyone is interested in seeing the thread and maybe posting your thoughts, since I'm not to do so, here it is:
http://forums.crosswalk.com/m_2870836/mpage_62/tm.htm

No comments: