Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Hand Drum!!

Isaiah 30:32

And every blow of the rod of punishment which the LORD will lay on him will be with the music of tambourines (strongs and lyres And in battles, brandishing weapons, He will fight them!"

Aho!!! So shall it be!!! Music is a type of spiritual warfare!!! That He given us!!! Look at the word, Tambourine! IN the original Hebrew, it is is Tof, or Toph (strongs #8596) it originates from another Hebrew word, Taphaph, (Strongs #8608) which means to drum!

The original tambourines in biblical times were not the traditional wimpy round instruments with jingling thingys on them!! Literally, they were a type of hand drum!!...they were drummed. Even still over in middle east they use hand drums!! I remember seeing an old Zola Levitt show several years ago--it showed middle eastern JEwish women drumming with hand drums near wth Western Wall!!

I feel as if I am not only worshipping Yeshua with the drum, but I am doing warfare!! It is powerful!!

2 comments:

Solveig said...

Yes!

Judy said...

Wow, That was cool!

And I loved your song as well!!

Judy : )